Thursday, February 23, 2012

Moving Right Along

Yesterday on an email group that I belong to, someone posted an upcoming line that will be offered at Gap for Kids... Knowing what is going to be up and coming is a great way to stay with the pack, you know. It's not somthing that I am very good at, so if someone shares, well, I just may run with it....


Anyway, what struck me the most was the wrap dress that was shown in the article... I knew I had a wrap dress pattern in my arsenal, so I printed out the pattern pieces needed and I made one!!!! Of course, it was in a size that I hoped would fix my little chipmunk (it did!) and I decided to offer the new style in my shop. Now I have to decide if I want to make up a whole bunch of One-Of-A-Kind (OOAK) pieces for craft shows... Only thing is, I am not so sure that I really want to do many craft shows... I am not sure where I want to focus my work on... Craft shows tend to be few and far between for me... Online sales are not as good as craft shows... I know that I need to have a balance of the two, but finding that balance, is, well.... tough...

So, at the moment I have two dress styles in my shop: The Wrap Dress and the Tutu Skirt Corset Set. I have to tell you, the fabric combinations are endless with both of theses and my mind has been going wild... But I am trying to only use fabric I have on hand until I sell a few and have the funds to buy more fabric (on going joke in my house!) Click on the pink dress photo to be taken to the listing.

So, what do you think?

No comments: