Monday, November 15, 2010

Spotlight On: TJ and Girls Love Bows

Today, it's my great please to introduce my blog followers and friends to someone that I have gotten to know online through several of my yahoo groups. TJ has been an inspiration ever since I joined the first group over two years ago and still amazes me. She always has a sunny disposition and a compliment for everyone.

1. Tell us a little about yourself.....
I started crafting in grade school...making tissue paper flowers. I took my first quilting class at age 21. I have made all of my grandchildren their own theme quilt. Eight years ago I came down with west nile virus which has left me in a wheelchair. The sewing and crafting are something that help me get through the days.

2. What made you decide to get into the crafting boutique business?

Girls Love Bows was created after many requests for hairbows from friends of my granddaughter's. I decided to buy some instructions and make them as Christmas presents and it grew into requests from ball teams and has not stopped. I had a retail store requesting bows and really had to get with the program.

3. What do you sell?
Hair bows, ponytail streamers, flowers, key fobs, anything with a ribbon on it.

4. Where do you sell, online and off?
I have an etsy shop and also sell wholesale to retail stores, beauty shops and a few drug stores. I do 5 craft shows a year.

5. How do you juggle selling your items and your personal life?
Everything is put in it's priority and my service to God is first.

6. What is your favorite thing to create?
I love creating hair bows with a monogram or machine embroidery design on it.

7. What are your long term goals for your creations?
I am earning enough to cover expenses and pay myself. I want to continue to grow this business by learning new and more efficient techniques.

8. Any advice for someone just starting out in the creating community?
Listen to what your customer wants, provide quality products, great customer service at competitive prices.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/57327423/black-gold-saints-colors-fleur-de-lis

This is TJ's first installment here on Spotlight On. She will also be featured later with her embroidery business! Good luck TJ! Please leave her a comment on her hair accessories and let her know how much YOU enjoy what she makes.

No comments: