And the great thing is... she has offered to have a giveaway of her stuff!!! Details after her interview!
1. Tell us a little about yourself.....As far back as I can remember, I have been creating something. As a child I was always making cards from construction paper. As I grew older, my grandmother taught me how to do many of the crafts that I enjoy today including embroidery, cross stitch, and oil painting. My mother taught me to sew and to pursue my dreams with all my heart.
I am a wife, mother, teacher, artist, and volunteer firefighter. I am a strong supporter of Autism Awareness (my son has Asperger's syndrome) as well as MADD and the right to homeschool!
My passion is creating! I love to crochet, paint, cross stitch, embroider, stamp, and scrapbook. My daughter is quickly following in her mother's footsteps! At the age of 4 she sold her first handmade soap. I was so proud of her!
2. What made you decide to get into the crafting boutique business? I had been making items as gifts for years when my mother-in-law encouraged me to start selling at a local craft mall. From there, I tried ebay and finally found etsy!
3. What do you sell? A little bit of everything! Most of the items in my shop right now are crocheted items including dishcloths, beanies, and stuffed pumpkins. But I also make and sell hand-painted signs and hand-stamped cards.
5. How do you juggle selling your items and your personal life? I am very fortunate to have the support of my family. Most of my creative time is done in the evenings and on weekends. When I do a craft show, my mother steps up to help watch the kids if my husband is working. And selling items online or even at the craft mall is super easy - just list it (or drop it off) and it takes care of itself. In the case of an online sell, I merely have to package it, print a shipping label, and drop it in the mail!
6. What is your favorite thing to create? Wow! That really depends on my mood. Lately, I have been crocheting like crazy! But sometimes I am just in the mood to paint! Even within a certain type of craft, I can vary in what I want to make. At the beginning of this year, I was making tons of baby booties and now the idea of making one makes me want to scream! lol
7. What are your long term goals for your creations? I really have no long term goals for my creations. I hope that they are enjoyed by the people who receive them and that they last for many years. Some of my favorite items are handmade creations from my grandmothers!
Thanks for the interview Janet! Now Janet has offered to giveaway a set of 4 round crocheted coasters in any color of the winner's choice!
There are 5 ways to enter:
1. Go take a peak in her shop Caprice Creations and come back here and let us know what your favorite item is!
2. Follow this blog and leave a message. If you are already a follower, just leave a message!
3. Follow her blog! Caprice Creations Don't forget to come back here and post about it!
4. Heart her shop and come back and let me know. In your comment, please let me know what your Etsy ID is!
5. Be a fan on Facebook! Caprice Creations Don't forget to come back here and let me know what your name is on Facebook!
The giveaway will run Monday, November 1st til Sunday, November 7th @ midnight EST. I will announce the winner on the blog Monday, November 8th and contact both parties also.