Friday, April 9, 2010

Where Has the Time Gone?

This is the moment that my thirteen year old son made to me as we were pulling into the property last night. We were talking about how five short years ago, we were embarking on the what was to become the best thing to happen to our family, the introduction of the Brown Six Pack! April 2nd marked the anniversary of Mr. Brown's return to the states and our actual first meeting. Then this coming Wednesday is the anniversary of our first trip as a "family" where it was a "this makes or breaks" our relationship. If our four kids couldn't get along on this first trip, we knew that our relationship wouldn't last. Well they did get along, and six months later, we were married!

It also is a good title because, well, I have been reading blogs, just not writing them. My mom's father passed away February 26th and my life has not been the same since. It was sudden, but not unexpected. I have come to the knowledge that just because you know someone is going to die sooner than later, it doesn't change the pain that you feel when they are gone and you realize that you have to change your way of thinking. I had hoped to make a memorial post about him, but, atlas, I can't bring myself to do that. Maybe when I have internalized it all?

Then, almost a month later, while parking the car after teen pickup, I had a fatal accident with my silky terrier dog. Harley was born the same year as chipmunk and given the fact that I had just lost Grandpa, you can say that I took it pretty hard.

The great thing that happened while I wasn't posting was that I got to go on a trip to Las Vegas with my sisters and my mom! It was a fantastic five day trip that was an awesome bonding experience for everyone. The biggest highlight, so to speak, was walking in the house to see chipmunk SOUND asleep on the couch taking a nap and as soon as I said one word, she woke up and cried "Mommy!" like she wanted to make sure that it wasn't a dream! Melted my heart to be honest. I may do a post about the trip later, not really sure. Right now, I am getting ready for a spring fling that is happening this weekend and then I have a street festival on the 24th. I also will be posting some customs that went out right before my trip (they were awesome!) and some new things that I will be posting on Etsy as soon as I find time.

No comments: