1. Tell us a little about yourself.....
I've always been an art lover, in my early teen years i painted and sketched a lot.
Fashion is another passion of mine and my friends considered me to be a trend setter. I'm a mom to a one year old cutie and a wife to the most loving and supporting husband ever.
2. What made you decide to get into the crafting boutique business?
It's funny to say, but looking back, it has been on my mind for as long as i can remember!
I had a small business before and other business opportunities that had a creative aspect and designing involved, but i guess i was looking for an opportunity to do my own thing.
creating my fantasy designs with my own hand, selling them to people who love and appreciate the work that went it to the item...what more can i ask for?!
After i had my baby i became a SAHM, it is amazing to be home with him, but i knew that as soon as he gets a little older i'm going for it all the way. So here i am!
3. What do you sell?
I sell my hand made jewelry. My designs include crystals, antiqued brass, gold filled and more fabulous materials. I love incorporating bead weaving, There will be more of that in my new designs
4. Where do you sell, online and off?
I Currently sell online only
5. How do you juggle selling your items and your personal life?
That might just be the most challenging thing! I always seem to need to been on the computer (which my toddler hates), i noticed that when i'm home during the day i get destructed with my work, so we go out to do fun stuff, I check the important things on my phone and leave the jewelry making to the evening time.
6. What is your favorite thing to create?
I love the pieces that are challenging to make the first time. after much frustration at times and maybe even starting over, the end result is even sweeter.
7. What are your long term goals for your creations?
I'm looking to sell in local boutiques as well as online and hoping that if thing take off i would be able to add my one of a kind bags to the mix.
8. Any advice for someone just starting out in the creating community?
Learning a craft isn't the hard part but getting the creative juices to flow can slow you down sometimes. I think it's very important to find your own voice and make something you can really be proud of. I got inspired to start making jewelry by an accessory i own and love and everything evolved from there...
Michele has graciously offered to do a giveaway of a pair of Simply Pacific Opal earrings!
The Giveaway details:
There are 4 ways to enter:
1. Go take a peak in her shop and/or website and come back here and let us know what your favorite item is!
2. Follow this blog and leave a message. If you are already a follower, just leave a message!
3. Follow her blog! Don't forget to come back here and post about it!
4. Heart her shop and come back and let me know. In your comment, please let me know what your Etsy ID is!
Four chances to win, that means you need to leave a comment for each entry! Don't forget to leave a way for me to contact you if you are the winner. The winner will be drawn next Sunday, February 28 in the evening. I will contact Michelle with the winner and you will have 48 hours to get back in touch with her once she contacts you! Of course, I will also post it to the blog too :)
Peace, love and happiness!