1. Tell us a little about yourself.....I am a mom to 4 year old twins that keep me very busy. I also have been married to my high school sweetheart for 7 years. I have two dogs (boxers) one is 7 years old and the other isn't a year yet. I also work full time a a first assist to a general surgeon and absolutely love everything about my life. I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends. I have been creating jewelry since I was a young girl. My mom used to be me the cheap beads so I could make jewelry out of them. I also used to take my dad's fishing beads and make stuff out of them also. Creating jewelry is a stress reliever for me. I can get lost in the piece and work through all my troubles in that time. It helps me clear my head.
2. What made you decide to get into the crafting boutique business? I needed to start selling so that I could afford my passion. One of my best friends told me to check out etsy and I've been selling on there since 2007. I mostly made jewelry or myself and family but then I had friends ask me to make pieces for them. I also had friends of friends call so that is when I decided to start selling it.
3. What do you sell? I sell hand crafted jewelry mostly with gemstones and sterling silver. I love making custom pieces because another mind can make a wonderful piece. Something that I wouldn't have been able to come up with on my own.
4. Where do you sell, online and off? I sell my jewelry online on etsy and off. I haven't sold it in any shops yet although I've been approached to. I will be doing that shortly just trying to build up some inventory first.
5. How do you juggle selling your items and your personal life? Well, that is a very hard thing to do. My twins keep me very busy so I try to make pieces and promote when they are in bed. I also work some pretty late hours sometimes so that also gets in the way. My family comes first so I will put the promoting on the back bench when I feel that I'm not spending enough time with them. I do bring my jewelry with to work every once and awhile and they love that.
6. What is your favorite thing to create? I love to do custom orders!! I love being able to create something unique for someone. I love making all types of jewelry.
7. What are your long term goals for your creations? My long term goals are to make it to the front page on etsy :) Mostly to be able to continue to sell so I am able to keep my passion alive. Everyday I grow as an artist and I hope to keep doing that. I love learning new techniques and hope to take some classes this year to try some new ways out.
8. Any advice for someone just starting out in the creating community? I would encourage them to keep it up no matter how hard it gets. If its something you love there will be someone out there that loves what you have made even more. They will see the hours and commitment you put into in and love it even more because its handmade!
You can find this great shop at:
My etsy shop is http://www.etsy.com/shop/
Follow me on facebook http://www.facebook.